Designed to receive high-quality HD Radio broadcasts for most Pioneer car stereos, this HD Radio tuner is a hideaway module that connects through the Pioneer headunitís IP-BUS interface.What is HD Radio?
HD Radio is the only system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. Currently more than 1,000 radio stations are broadcasting primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. That's right, no subscription charges!Benefits of HD Radio&trade
- Expanded selection of stations and content
- New music, new artist, new genres, and even new music from abroad
- New kinds of programs youíve never listened to before
- New experimental formats that no one has ever heard
- No monthly subscription fees
- Enjoy less static and higher quality sound
- FM stations now with CD-quality sound
- AM stations now with FM-quality sound
- Crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion
- iTunes HD Radio Tagging Capable (with DEH-P710BT or DEH-P7100BT)
New for 2009, Pioneer CD and A/V players can now add HD Radio with the GEX-P20HD tuner. What does this mean to you? It means that radio stations can transmit additional information like song titles, artists, and even multicast two different programs simultaneously, providing you with a wider variety of entertainment options for just the cost of the tuner. Should the digital signal be lost, HD Radio will default back to analog until the signal is regained.
Compatible with many Pioneer headunits: "External Control" capable with other Pioneer IP-Bus headunits, a/v receivers and navigation systems, with some limitations of display and control. Please review Owner's Manual(s) for more details.